5 things you didn't know about Benidorm
That Benidorm is one of Spain's most favorite holiday destinations we all know. But did you know these 5 other remarkable things about the city on the always sunny Mediterranean coastline?
|Picture by Harry Fabel|
- Benidorm is the most popular tourist destination in Spain after Madrid and Barcelona.
- In Belgium and the Netherlands, Benidorm is mainly known as a wintering place for the elderly. Also a lot of British spend their winters in Benidorm or its direct surroundings such as Albir or Calpe.
- After Paris, Benidorm has the largest number of hotel beds in Europe.
- Due to a large number of hotels and apartments, Benidorm has the largest number of tall buildings (defined by Emporis as 35 meters and higher by population in the world). On average there is a building of 35 meters or higher for every 180 inhabitants.
- Because of these high buildings and the fact that Benidorm never sleeps in the summer, the city is also sometimes called BeniYork, after the other town that never sleeps, New York.
Post a Comment